Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project Natal

Project Natal is probably the sweetest thing I have seen in the gaming industry in a long time. For those of you that don’t know what Project Natal is, it is practically a super charged Wii accessory for the Xbox 360. Unlike the Wii their will be NO CONTROLLER NEEDED! According to Xbox.com “this is only thanks to the Project Natal Sensor, which combines an RGB camera, depth sensor, multi-array microphone and custom processor running proprietary software all in one device.” Which means that it can track 3D movement and will respond to commands, Project Natal will even detect changes of emotion in your voice! You can even scan an object such as a skateboard and then skate on it during game play. With Project Natal you are the controller, no more tangled cords and dead batteries during game play.

When standing in front of the PNS (Project Natal Sensor) you can give instructions just by talking, Project Natal is so revolutionary that it will have an understanding of everything that is said. Scary! I know! THE PNS has facial recognition so it will automatically sign you into your Xbox Live! Yea that’s right you wont even have to tell it too! Everything you do will be acknowledged by your Xbox 360.

This is what Don Mattrick, Senior Vice President, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division, and Steven Spielberg , famous movie director , had to say about Project Natal.

"For us, this E3 is about breaking down barriers – between generations, between games and entertainment, and most importantly, between dreamers and the future – in a way only Xbox 360 can." Don Mattrick

"This is a pivotal moment that will carry with it a wave of change, the ripples of which will reach far beyond video games." Steven Spielberg

It is rumored that Project Natal will be about $80 which would be wise of Microsoft to keep it under $100. When she launches this November, you will be able to do anything that the worlds greatest game designers can ponder. When Project Natal drops I am defiantly going go out and get it. This fall can’t come fast enough for me. First Halo: Reach and now Project Natal! I can barely wait and I can’t wait to see what all those PS3 fans have to say about this!

Do you want to see something really amazing about Project Natal? This is put the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, check this out. This is insane! Milo

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know where to start. That last hyperlink you have there or the blog itself. I personally am going to buy this Stu and finally have some friends. I'm joking about the friends part, but honestly When I saw that video I wanted to take off and find someone that would sell me Project Natal. And as far as PS3 goes they going down the drain faster then ever without a doubt in my mind. I'm so excited now for this Project Natal to hit the stores.

    ReplyDelete